Wednesday 11 February 2015

STC living the California dream


Continuing my adventure holiday USA (I know you are on the edge of you seat!) - We left the beautiful  San Francisco behind, and caught the ferry across the harbour and landed in beautiful Tiburon to spend some time with friends. How gorgeous is this main street!


I quickly got into the spirit!




and made myself remarkably at home immediately


Tiburon is in Marin County and and derives its name from the Spanish word meaning "shark". 

The shopping was great, and I just loved this shop - Vineyard Vines  (HH loved it too - she adores Lilly Pulitzer and this shop reminded her so much of it)

 



These are our beautiful friends the S family  - we all had such a fun time and they were superb hosts (and, I might say, included me in everything!)


and here is Miss S who just loved me - well someone has to!


We had a truly beautiful afternoon at Muir Woods which is a national monument of mainly coast redwood trees.




It was staggering how small and insignificant we all felt against the age and enormity of the forest which engulfed us.




The next day, we were treated to  a day out in the Napa Valley


Now HH and I share  one thing in common (and that is a love for champagne and wine, in case you have not already noticed!)

So we were destined to enjoy this outing together

First stop Ram's Gate 


Located right at the entrance to Sonoma, this place was beautiful on the outside



and almost more beautiful on the inside. Designed by acclaimed interior designer, Orlando Diaz-Azcuy,it is stylish and elegant


HH wanted to package up this spectacular chandelier because I told her I thought it would look rather nice in the HH pavilion


Would you not agree?


The scenery surrounding Ram's Gate was  breathtaking




and we spent ages just walking around it and talking


Then it was onto Domaine Carneros, HH was pretty excited as Taittinger was involved with this one


This is a singular winery best known as a small grower-producer of methóde champenoise sparkling wine, Pinot Noir, and a breathtakingly beautiful château. 


We gave the sparkling a big tick of approval (not that I was drinking being a tea-totaller and all!)




But I never miss a photo opportunity!


and was only too happy to sit and watch everyone else enjoy


and baske in the magnificence of the countryside


This Napa life is pretty tough! But someone has to tell the story!


Peju was next on our Napa agenda






This is in the Rutherford area



The gardens were magnificent


and I loved getting to know the vines and the locals


We drove through the beautiful Yountville - which has not one, but four, Michelin Star restaurants including this beautiful one

French Laundry, owned by Chef Thomas Keller, has 3 Michelin Stars and has twice won the title of "best restaurant in the world"


I finished the day precariously perching with the glorious view


in this glorious place - as Napa's first fine dining experience, Auberge Du Soleil was a perfect spot to enjoy some Napa wines and cheeses (and fries!)


The perfect end to a perfect day


Adieu to California, Colarado better watch up because I am on my way to the snow
You cannot be as excited as I am!




I have spent all week limbering up!

x ST








No comments:

Post a Comment